I am a psychologist, psychotherapist and sexuologist based in Italy. I am an expert in treating anxiety disorder, stress-related symptoms, sexual problems, and interpersonal problems. I receive online in my virtual studio and I offer psychotherapy both in English and in Italian. "The power of the word towards the things of the soul is equal to the power of the drugs towards the things of the body" (Gorgia) "La potenza della parola nei riguardi delle cose dell'anima è uguale potenza dei farmaci nei riguardi delle cose del corpo" (Gorgia)
- Work experience I have been working as a researcher and/or a clinician (psychologist, psychotherapist or sexuologist) in different hospitals, clinics, and research centers, both in Italy and abroad. I have worked at the Department of Anxiety Disorders of PsyQ Heerlen (The Netherlands), at the School for Mental Health and Neuroscience in Maastricht (The Netherlands), at the Department of Clinical Neuroscience of Villa S.Benedetto in Como (Italy), the Department of Psychiatry of the Hospital Policlinico in Milan (Italy), the Department of Epidemiological Psychiatry of the Hospital Fatebenefratelli in Brescia (Italy), the Clinic Regina Giovanna in Milan (Italy), the Italian Andrological Center in Cernusco (Italy). I am author of several research articles
- Highest qualifications PsyD in Psychotherapy - SLOP (Italy) M.Sc. in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience (Specialization in Psychopathology) - Maastricht University (The Netherlands) B.Sc. in Psychology - University of Milan (Italy) M.A. in Italian Language and Culture for Foreigners - University for Foreigners (Italy)
- Specialty Dr. Giuseppe has an extensive experience in treating anxiety disorders, stress-related symptoms, and sexual problems. He is also very knowledgeable in helping you with existential issues, such as conflicts at work, with your partner, with your children, with your friends. Finally he can help you find a meaning and a direction in your life if you feel lost and do not know what to do.
- Therapy approach From where do my symptoms come from? And how can I get rid of them? How can I live a better life? These are the questions we will answer in therapy. To do so, we will consider the interrelationship between the five main dimensions of the human being: physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual. We can heal our psychic wounds. Not by taking in some chemical substance, nor by having this or that ‘treatment’, but essentially by stepping outside and look at them clearly. Know yourself and how these wounds have shaped you; what you can learn from them now and how you can get rid of them, of course. Phenomenological therapy is a philosophical therapy that aims at scientifically studying the immediate experience. It proceeds through careful inspection of people´s difficulties to achieve understanding those aspects of your life that cannot be verbalized, but that are only expressed as a form of suffering.
- Video URL: https://youtu.be/gOLsez2NNDw
Video Url: https://youtu.be/gOLsez2NNDw
- Acceptance And Commitment ACT
- Cognitive Behavioural CBT
- Compassion Focused
- Dialectical Behaviour DBT
- Emotionally Focused EFT
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive MBCT
- Solution Focused Brief SFBT