I understand that life can be chaotic and at times overwhelming. Emotional challenges can take a toll on who we are and hold us back from being our best possible selves. Good mental health is a journey towards better understanding yourself, your thoughts, and emotions. As your counsellor, I will create a safe healing space and support you with total acceptance and non-judgement. Sometimes it really helps to talk things through about your challenges, You don’t have to go through this journey alone. Prior to training as a counsellor, I’ve also worked in South Africa in the business sector for 15 years, then moved to Hong Kong 12 years ago with my family working in an international school environment. I’ve gained valuable life experience raising three children and being an active member of the community. It has been a journey that has given me much insight into understanding diverse cultures and the value and importance of healthy work/life balance.
- Jen is a qualified counselor with a Masters degree in Counselling from Monash University, Australia. Originally from South Africa, she moved to Hong Kong 12 years ago with her family. Jen has extensive experience having previously worked in the business & healthcare industry and later in the educational sector. Her passion in mental health stems from observing the many challenges faced by people under these work environments as well as a wide exposure into multi-cultural communities. She understands the different dynamics that face many expatriates and their families.
- Her key areas of work include providing individual therapy for anxiety, depression, family issues, relationship challenges, parental guidance, personal growth and development. Jen believes that her life experiences bring compassion and understanding to the sessions. To foster a strong working relationship, Jen uses a person-centred approach and draws from a wide range of modalities including Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Positive psychology. Jen collaborates with her clients to understand themselves better thereby empowering them to build a positive framework for a brighter future. Jen is a member of the Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association and Psychotherapy Association of Hong Kong.
- Other than work, Jen enjoys conversations over a good meal, hikes a lot and admits to being a Netflix binge fan. She is also a passionate animal lover.
- Acceptance And Commitment ACT
- Cognitive Behavioural CBT
- Compassion Focused
- Emotionally Focused EFT
Title: Master or Counselling
Institute: Monash University ( Australia)
Start Date: Jun,2020
End Date: Jun,2020
Title: Bachelors degree in Commerce
Institute: University of South Africa
Start Date: Jan,1990
End Date: Jun,1994