Do you always feel tired? Can't figure out why you don't experience as much joy as before? Do you feel anxious and overwhelmed? Do you stay awake at night, experience poor sleep quality? Troubled at work? Are you dissatisfied with the status quo but don't know where to start? Do you read self-improvement books but still feel stuck? These are some issues that are common in people who are struggling in silence. Some of you might have shared with your friends but you feel like you could be burdening them with the same issues over and over again. Perhaps it is time to consider getting help from a professional therapist, trained to help you work through your misery, pain and struggles and create change in your life. I can help you, help yourself. I have the necessary academic qualifications and 10 years of experience helping people. To transit from face-to-face counselling to helping people through online therapy, I have also received training from the Australian Online Therapy Training, an internationally recognised course. I can help you with your worries and your struggles. I can help you on your journey to change your life and focus on the things that matter to you. I can help nudge you in the direction you want to go. Reach out to me and let's work together, to help you!
- I'm a trained professional and have years of experience in helping people. My approach is person-centred and eclectic - I work collaboratively with you to determine the best ways to help you. My practice is evidence- and trauma-informed and I have learnt various evidence-based interventions and approach each case uniquely.
- I have worked with clients from a diverse background on a variety of issues from work stress, family and relationship problems, personal development, to mental health issues like depression and anxiety. I conduct personal life coaching as well. I have resided in busy cities and the quiet countryside and I am confident that I am in a good space to relate to you through the online environment wherever you are based.
- I have worked in the emergency services and there I supported staff facing mainly crisis-related issues (e.g., critical incidents, trauma, disaster management), work-related (e.g., work stress, burnout, collegial issues, morale issues), personal issues (e.g., career, family, relationships, LGBT) and mental health issues (e.g., depression, anxiety, adjustment disorder). I care about carers and helpers and have a deep interest in compassion fatigue and self-care.
- I have also volunteered at Association of Women for Action and Research (AWARE), a non-profit organisation. I conducted individual counselling and supported women for all kinds of issues relating to family, marital, relationships, work and also worked with survivors of victims of sexual assault. I also conducted group sessions for women contemplating divorce and sessions for women undergoing divorce. I have also developed training material and delivered them for helpliners.
- I have experience guiding and mentoring newer psychologists. I am also familiar with peer and group supervision in AWARE and provided consultation in their clinical services while volunteering with them. I am open to conducting supervision for fellow therapists and believe I have sufficient experience in the field to do so.
Video Url: https://youtu.be/13eGHQpJT5A
- Acceptance And Commitment ACT
- Cognitive Behavioural CBT
- Emotionally Focused EFT